Sensei Chris Haggan (on the right) is the main club instructor for Carnforth. Chris is a 5th Dan in Wado Ryu Karate, and has been training for over 30 years. Chris has a lot of experience of teaching practical skills to people of all ages. On the left is Sensei Paul Turner. Paul is a 6th Dan in Wado Ryu Karate, and has been training for over 35years. Paul teaches with Chris at St. Martins Junior Karate Club , in Hest Bank. Paul has extensive knowledge of working with young people and is highly qualified in child protection.
Training includes self defense and competition. The club starts with people from aged 8years. Training is every Friday evening 7-9pm, with a view to adding additional training sessions shortly. All training is at Carnforth Civic Hall. Younger children (aged 5yrs and up), can start at St. Martins Junior Karate Club in Hest Bank.
- Training Fees of £20 per month (paid by direct debit)
- Annual Membership fee (£15), includes free insurance
- Discounts on training gear (suits and club badge from £15)
- All gradings just £5 (with the exception of Dan (Black Belt) Gradings (£50 – may be a club contribution towards this)
- Club Branded clothing available at cost price